Your home away from home
Chabad at university of vermont
Meet Rabbi Zalman and Chani Wilhelm
Rabbi Zalman and Chani Wilhelm moved to Burlington in 2006 to establish the UVM Chabad Jewish Student Center along with their two-week-old baby, Leibel.
Their children love growing up surrounded by so many wonderful UVM Jewish students. They have been running UVM Chabad since 2006, and they have loved watching how the community evolves.
Who We Are
• A home away from home where all are welcome no matter background or affiliation.
• A place where every Jew is family.
• An organization at UVM that provides religious, educational, social, and recreational programming for the community of Jewish students.
• A place where students socialize in a comfortable home-like setting with great friends, superb food and stimulating discussions.
• A forum where you can question your faith and not be afraid of judgment.
• A haven to which you can turn when you're stressed or lonely and need a true friend. The doors are open 24/7 and the staff sport open minds and wide hearts.
• A center for prayer and study, where you can gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of your Jewish heritage.
• A partnership between students and staff to help create cutting edge programming, plan social action projects and offer volunteer opportunities.
• An academy providing texts and teachers for those who seek to learn.
• An environment where being Jewish is fun.
• An organization that has gained national prominence as one of the fastest growing and most vibrant, innovative and all-inclusive organizations for Jewish college students in this country. Through all its growth and changes, Chabad's warmth and intimacy remain the same. At Chabad you will always find a friend.